1. Favourite Kenyan Food-
Mukimo wa miji and stew of Mbuzi , carrots and Kenyan salad , the way we make it (small pieces not chunks of cucumber, lettuce American way)
- Nyama Choma na kachumbari
- Fried fish,then simmered with lots of onions and tomatoes and served avec spinach and home made Chips…yummy!
- Githeri”kia mbembe njua”(soft maize):-)
2. Favourite Kenyan Drink-
MuratinaJ kidding, ahh Tusker baridi!!!
3. Favourite Kenyan TV Programme-
I still get a kick out of “Tushauriane” .Where can I get episodes on dvd ?
4. Top 3 Kenyan Hangouts-
Used to be Carni of course, still will be when I get back .- I don’t know any of those new joints ,so this question shall be answered when I land in the republic soon although word has it “Kengele is the place to be!
5. Top Holiday Kenyan Destination-
-Mombasa /Malindi of course,whitesands area has awesome cottages , maneno ya hotel time table siwezani, want to eat when I want not on someone else schedule while on vacation:-)
-Mt Kenya Safari Club -Nyeri
-Nanyuki –awesome place, awesome
-Karatina – My cucu’s place of course!!!!!!!!
- Nyeri – Outspan golf country club & Aberdare Country Club6.
3 Kenyan phrases you use a lot (ati, nini, nani and bilaz DO NOT count)!
-Wacha wewe!!!:-) ( will you stop)
-Tiga wana (stop nonsense)
- Uga( sema)
- Fala! ( Stupid/silly)
- Manze ( I sayJ
7. Three things about Kenya/Kenyans that make you go ‘hmmm’-
Bad behaviour – Muchene, gossip gossip!
-Copy cats! Every house has an identical wall unitJ, sofa and carpet .
- Kenyans who think writing good Queen English or even maiming the hippy American English is something to feel petho for, when you cannot speak Swahili or better yet your mother tongue well ....( Yes I have said it, shoot me!)
8. Three things non-Kenyans say about Kenya/Kenyans that make you go ‘hmmm’
- How long have you been in the US? (What is it to you ? By the way some people use this to gauge you on your looks, you know “you clean so well”J)).
- Where did you learn to speak good English like that?(on the plane on my way here, what do you think?)
- Have you ever seen a lion( Yes, I have one as a pet, infact it has a designated corner in our hut that it sleeps at)
9. Three things about Kenya/Kenyans which non-Kenyans ought to know
- We all do not run!!!!!!!!
- Kenya is beautiful, intriguing , challenging and still evolving country!!!
- There is more to Kenya than Safari and Masaai Mara
10. Complete this sentence: I am Kenyan because......
I look Kenyan, I speak Kenyanese, I have a kenyan name, I adore Kenya , My parents are Kenyan etc.
And finally – list 3 members of the Kenyan Blog Ring you would like to see complete this quiz.
JKE(Especially you JKE)
Cute - Angel